Friday, March 8, 2013

Queen for a day!

I sure am learning a lot as I whittle down my Mad March Birthdays list... especially what works for me and what doesn't!  Including blogger at the moment!  I keep signing up to follow blogs and by the next day I am no longer following... hmmmm

Okay todays card is again my Magnolia "Christmas Tilda With Puppy" but she is not for Christmas again today since I wanted to explore the image a little more after yesterdays effort.  I think she lends herself quite well to birthdays!  Anyway enough babble... the card:




To tie in with a Shabby Chic theme everything including the lace (given to me many years ago by my Mother In Law!) got a good dabbing of Tim Holtz Distress Ink... I did find there is a fine line between "distressed" and "too much" lol.

The Challenges... well firstly... thanks to all of the Challenges for giving me some direction and some deadlines!  No I don't expect to win anything but you are all giving me some great ideas!  Now the ones this card is entered in...

Crafty Sentiment Designs... This was a difficult one for me... Pretty in PINK! (I definitely managed lots of pink though and this stamp is sooooo Pretty!)
Our Creative Corner... Shabby Chic with Fabric Flowers and a Crown... There is also the colours from the inspirations photo, pretty pink... light blue and Tim Holtz's antique linen (I am wearing this inkpad out!).
Marvelous Magnolia - Anything goes!  Very nervous about entering this one... everyone's entries there look like they have been crafting since they were born! 

Materials:
Stamps:  Magnolia "Christmas Tilda with Puppy"; "Queen For the day" from the Cool Britannia collection by Louise Allen.
Cardstock and doilies from my stash.
Inks: Memories Dye ink - black; Tim Holtz Antique Linen.
Embossing: Cuttlebug embossing folder "Wrought Iron"
Circle and Scalloped Circle: Spellbinders.
Lace and fabric flowers were from my stash. (It's amazing what I find when I go digging in boxes!)
Pencils: Faber Castell.
Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace.

Anyway... I hope you like this one... it's growing on me...
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I am learning so much doing these challenges!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! The image is cute and layout is great. Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Meihsia! I appreciate the feedback :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello Sarah
    This card is a real cutie, but it is the prettiness that appeals mostly with all the yummy lace features you have going on; the doily, embossing and border, I am very partial to pretty!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week we are thrilled to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! In a house full of males it's nice to make something pretty!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty creation, love the embossing and lace too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card for our Pink theme. Thank you for taking the time to join in the Crafty Sentiments challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! That image is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Happy Crafting :-)